Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It was inevitable...

From the moment I signed up for Peru I knew that getting the stomach flu was inevitable....but I definitely didn't think it would come so soon. Well, with my super weak stomach and the sudden change in food/environment, it certainly did. After about 12 hours straight of vomiting....I am happy to say that I feel much better now. ahhhh, thanks God.

At least I can say I am experiencing ALL parts of Lima, what with my trip to the clinic today, right?. :)

Three things I learned about Peruvian hospitals:
1.) They are extremely informal----My doctor answered her cell phone during our appointment....it was her mama. :)
2.) If you are a redheaded American wearing your pajamas and walking around with a bright green puke bucket in the waiting room, you WILL stick out, and you WILL be stared at.
3.) When the nurse tries to shove ambiguous perfume-scented cotton balls up your nose without telling you why, let her do it. You will find out later that there is a reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment