"No tengo saldo en mi telefono."...."I do not have credit on my phone."
I probably say this line atleast once a day. Here in Peru everyone just uses track phones with prepaid minutes (well atleast all the foreign kids do.) Therefore, in order to use your phone, you clearly need to put "saldo," or money on it so that you are not just left with a tiny, weightless piece of plastic that cannot do anything.
To be honest, I love not having saldo. I love when I "forget" to put more minutes on my plan...on a daily basis.
I love NOT having access to the social world of texting and calling every moment of the day.
I love knowing that when I leave the house, I will not be preocupied or distracted at all by constant texting and phone-checking ALL day long. Instead, I will try to be 100% present wherever I am.
I love that not being obsessed with a cell phone allows me to personally invest my time and attention into those relationships I truly care about, in-person, face to face.
I love that so much of Peruvian life is NOT based on technology and social devices but instead, genuine and caring friendships.
I love the simplicity of "No tengo saldo."
puessss no das un toque cuando no tienes saldo?? eso no existe in peru? jajajajjaja
ReplyDelete